Tickers discussed: SPY QQQ IWM FB AAPL AMZN GOOGL MSFT NFLX TSLA TLT SPLV XLP XLRE XLB XLU
The Daily Profit Compass provides stock market technical analysis for the stock market today and is focused on the indexes and FAAMGs. Key levels and trading locations are provided, along with trading plans and timely commentary to keep you on the right side of the trade.
Earnings are winding down for this cycle but still some noteworthy names. CHWY, BB, MCK, MU, KMX. We’ll start getting big banks in the next week or so to kick off the next cycle.
The video is a detailed technical review of the indexes and FATMAAN names. All the key trading levels are identified along with commentary and trade plans for each ticker. Run the video at 1.25x to reduce run time.
Find the Video HERE
Rotation to Safety
Take a look at the low-vol ETF. Breaking out from a big consolidation range. Check out other defensive ETFS XLP / XLRE / XLU. XLP and XLRE have clear breakouts working. XLU has an emerging move from a consolidation zone. I continue to think bubble stocks and tech in general is under distribution while money flow has found more defensive names.
QQQ: War at the 50
the Q’s continue to wrestle w/ the 50 as SPY reaches toward the highs. I think Tech and specifically the bubble stocks continue to be in distribution. Detailed in the video are charts of low-vol defensive sectors and stocks that are breaking out. SPLV – low vol ETF XLP / XLRE defensives breaking out. XLU making a move. XLB breaking out. So re-opening trades and defensive are gaining money flows. Also keep in mind a big fund rebalancing is set for March 31. THis could cause some added vol and sector rotation.
Easter is Apr 4. Europe closes Wednesday for an extended holiday. THe NYSE is closed Friday. Expect lower liquidity in the back half of the week.
- Short Week. Markets closed Friday for Easter. Europe shuts down wednesday. Make sure your positions are covered for Friday option expiry.
- Big fund re-balancing into Quarter end on Wed. Mar 31. Could spur vol or big sector rotation.
- QQQ continues to battle the 50ema and its chart looks very different that SPY which is reacting toward the highs.
- There continues to be distribution of the high-valuation tech names and tech in general. I show 4-5 charts showing defensive sectors that are getting bid in this rotation.
- More fall out about last week’s liquidation of a big family office of $20B in leveraged positions focused on GS / MS / Nomura / Credit Suisse. More news flow coming. Watch out for this morphing into something bigger.
- Market remains choppy. Be careful leaning way out on directional trades.
$IWM 30 Min
Get inspired, empowered and prepared.
As the host of Trader’s Profit Compass, I work hard to inspire, empower, and prepare aspiring traders to face the markets with fortitude, quiet confidence and inner calm. It’s a protein-rich, sugar free environment without ego or judgement. While I can’t promise that joining our group will change your life, I’d like to think it will help your trading. Give it a spin! Nothing to lose and potentially much to gain.
Our group of aspiring traders are into active swing trading using technical analysis to find objective, high-probability, low-risk trades. Using these processes we’ve been fortunate to be winning; not perfect but winning. If that is appealing to you, join us! I’d like to think you’d benefit from the work. You’ll get premium content 6 times a week including a copy of my Daily Profit Compass, Weekend Profit Navigator, along with other actionable content delivered directly to your mailbox. You’ll even get an invite to our new trading room on SLACK.
Registration is simple and FREE Visit our homepage HERE