Tickers discussed: SPY QQQ IWM FB AAPL AMZN GOOGL MSFT NFLX TSLA TLT DADA OIH
The Daily Profit Compass provides stock market technical analysis for the stock market today and is focused on the indexes and FAAMGs. Key levels and trading locations are provided, along with trading plans and timely commentary to keep you on the right side of the trade.
The video is a detailed technical review of the indexes and FATMAAN names. All the key trading levels are identified along with commentary and trade plans for each ticker. Run the video at 1.25x to reduce run time.
Find the Video HERE
Treasuries – Big 5 yr Auction today and 7 yr auction tomorrow
The last time the 7 yr auction was held there was an epic fail that roiled markets. In fact it was so bad there was the worst foreign participation EVER recorded…. that’s a long time. Watch the the reaction in TLT / yields closely. Given the tight correlation between the bond market and equities lately, we’re all bond traders now. Recently we had a bear trap / false breakdown below $136 and now has popped above. A move above $138 and the 20ema will open up the possibility of a move to the top of the box to $141, with an outside chance of a tag of the 50ema at $144. Yields are going higher………stalking this one for a fresh short entry after the kick back rally fizzles out. Rates will head higher as the re-opening picks up steam.
Trade School: Cyclical / Value / Commodity Pull back will offer this classic set up across the board
THis is the chart of the OIH oil services ETF, but please view it as a general template for a chart set up. As the cyclical / value / commodity / oil stocks come off the boil after a torrid run, there will be a slew of charts that will set up like this.
- Price will pull in to back test the prior breakout. THis is a key and common technical move. Typically this is an area for an objective long entry with a stop just below. However, if the selling pressure is intense, this back test will fail. For instance, they keep selling oil or Europe continues to have Covid issues cyclicals may struggles.
- Although I have dropped in all the fibs, the next super important location is the 50% / Halfback long location. Giving back half of a strong advance is common and a great and very objective long entry location.
- Both of these potential entry locations give market participants “another bite at the apple” to get involved in a trending market
- IMO these stocks will drive higher as re-opening emerges.
- Mark up a bunch of charges and set multiple alarms on stocks you’re interested in possibly trading.
- Once you get the alarm to trigger you can re-assess and decide if you want to get long.
Vicious Sector Rotation
Euro concerns about the re-opening caused and accelerated sell off in the cyclical / value / energy sectors with IWM having its worst day in 9 months selling off 3.6%. That money is flowing back into tech as this vicious rotation extends itself. Very tricky market to navigate and trade. Stay a day too longer here or get in a day too early there and its easy to get your face ripped off. THat said, for active traders that vol can translate into opportunity. If you keep your wits about you, you can mitigate swing-trading PnL nitemares with nice intra day gains either as active trades or hedging activity. Be careful out there. If you are confused or unsure what to do, do nothing. At the least back off on position size until a trend emerges that you are more confident in.
- JPOW and Yellen return to the Hill for further testimony
- Cyclicals and Value dwarfed as Euro Covid fears and further lock-downs throw cold water on the re-opening trades
- Money finds FATMAAN names as a vicious sector rotation rips faces off traders all over the place.
- Trade School: Classic technical set up coming to a chart near you. Be ready for it!
- Treacherous market. No time to attempt hero status. Trade small if at all to preserve capital.
- 5yr bond auction today and 7yr auction tomorrow could move rates, bond market and by extension, equities.
- Tanker stuck in Suez canal influencing oil market this morning, but inventories set to report at 10.30 set to rise putting further pressure on oil prices.
- INTC announces $20B capital project to open 2 new chip fabs in Arizona due to open in 2 years.
- . Aligns well with push for increased domestic chip production.
- You will probably see more companies announce similar moves
$IWM 30 Min
Get inspired, empowered and prepared.
As the host of Trader’s Profit Compass, I work hard to inspire, empower, and prepare aspiring traders to face the markets with fortitude, quiet confidence and inner calm. It’s a protein-rich, sugar free environment without ego or judgement. While I can’t promise that joining our group will change your life, I’d like to think it will help your trading. Give it a spin! Nothing to lose and potentially much to gain.
Our group of aspiring traders are into active swing trading using technical analysis to find objective, high-probability, low-risk trades. Using these processes we’ve been fortunate to be winning; not perfect but winning. If that is appealing to you, join us! I’d like to think you’d benefit from the work. You’ll get premium content 6 times a week including a copy of my Daily Profit Compass, Weekend Profit Navigator, along with other actionable content delivered directly to your mailbox. You’ll even get an invite to our new trading room on SLACK.
Registration is simple and FREE Visit our homepage HERE