Tickers discussed: SPY QQQ IWM FB AAPL AMZN GOOGL MSFT NFLX TSLA TLT MMM XPEL
The Daily Profit Compass provides stock market technical analysis for the stock market today and is focused on the indexes and FAAMGs. Key levels and trading locations are provided, along with trading plans and timely commentary to keep you on the right side of the trade.
The video is a detailed technical review of the indexes and FATMAAN names. All the key trading levels are identified along with commentary and trade plans for each ticker..
Run the video at 1.25x to reduce run time.
Find the Video HERE
Yesterday, QQQ made a power move to close above both the 20 and 50 ema’s on the daily chart. These are important technical buy – triggers for technicians. Now though, in premarket trading QQQ is down 1.5% and was down as much as 2% over night. If this holds into today’s close it would make yesterdays price action look like a massive head fake which would likely have trapped a lot of bulls buying into the rally. That said, IWM and SPY continue to look very strong and money flows into value and cyclical names. It will be important this afternoon to see how they close it. Risk or or risk off?
- 10 year rates ramp to 1.60% in premarket
- This is putting pressure on QQQ which is down 1.5% in premarket trading. Should these premarket losses hold thru the close, it would make yesterday’s move to take out the 20 and 50 ema’s look like a massive headfake that would likely trap a lot of longs that were using the 50ema as an important technical level and buying trigger.
- IWM remains a pillar of strength as fresh money continues to flow into value, cyclicals and in general the re-opening trade.
- SPY too remains strong.
- Discuss TLT in the video and the technical picture.
- Next week features an FOMC meeting, a couple of big bond auctions, and a Bank of Japan meeting plus $1400 stimmy checks hitting the street.
- Lets watch to see how they close this market at the end of the week. Is it risk on plowing into the weekend or do traders get skittish and pull back?
Order Flow Insights
There were 3 stocks that were flagged for bullish order flow. PLTR, JMIA, ABNB
TLT – Driving the NASDAQ Action
TLT has taken a leg down and is now consolidating in a flat bear flag. A break below $138 or certainly below $136 would likely result in a sharp second leg down. A measure move target for such a move would be in the high $120’s – $130 range. In this scenario, 10 year rates would be racing north of 1.65% and on it’s way toward 2%.
SPY 30 min
QQQ 2 Hour
QQQ 30 min
IWM 2 hour
$IWM 30 Min
Get inspired, empowered and prepared.
As the host of Trader’s Profit Compass, I work hard to inspire, empower, and prepare aspiring traders to face the markets with fortitude, quiet confidence and inner calm. It’s a protein-rich, sugar free environment without ego or judgement. While I can’t promise that joining our group will change your life, I’d like to think it will help your trading. Give it a spin! Nothing to lose and potentially much to gain.
Our group of aspiring traders are into active swing trading using technical analysis to find objective, high-probability, low-risk trades. Using these processes we’ve been fortunate to be winning; not perfect but winning. If that is appealing to you, join us! I’d like to think you’d benefit from the work. You’ll get premium content 6 times a week including a copy of my Daily Profit Compass, Weekend Profit Navigator, along with other actionable content delivered directly to your mailbox. You’ll even get an invite to our new trading room on SLACK.
Registration is simple and FREE Visit our homepage HERE