Tickers discussed: SPY QQQ IWM FAAMG update Strategy & Tactics
The Daily Profit Compass provides the stock market analysis for the day. Key levels and trading locations for the indexes are provided, along with trading plans and timely commentary to keep you on the right side of the trade.
Trader’s Couch – Will Return
Strategy and Tactics – Re-orient your mind and positioning
- We are on daily sell signals across SPY / QQQ / IWM for the first time since the bounce.
- While I put nothing past the ability of dipsters to gobble this up, for me I have to trust the technicals because that is what I do.
- Having sell signals, does not necessarily mean gonzo short. SPY below 300 and QQQ below 233.50 would emboldened the downside case.
- I am a 2 way trader so I will play this bounce until it peters out. THat may be as soon as today.
- My bias is now bearish. IWM has been the weakest and has therefore been the focus of my bearish campaign for active trading
- FAAMG – Unless we see these break, the market cannot truly crack. Keep them in focus.
- I realize its difficult, but don’t lock it on an idea or thesis. Stay open and flexible in your thinking. Let price be our guide. Stay mentally flexible here.
FAAMG Update & Trading Guidance
Given the gap down; I will send you an early update on the key levels here.
- FB – Prices above $221.71 keeps the daily chart bullish; below favors 50ema test at $210.50
- AAPL – $325 coincides with prior ATH and 20ema. Favor a move there for a back test.
- AMZN – A move below the 8ema at 2477 favors a move to test the 20ema at 2540
- MSFT – Needs to hold 185; other wise a 50 ema test is favored at 178.
- GOOGL – 1420 is the toggle. Above is good for bulls, below favors move to 50ema 1361. lower favored. .
Index Chart Review
SPY 2 hour
SPY 30 min
QQQ 2 hour
QQQ 30 min
IWM 2 hour
As the host of Trader’s Profit Compass, I work hard to inspire, empower, and prepare aspiring traders to face the markets with fortitude, quiet confidence and inner calm. It’s a protein-rich, sugar free environment without ego or judgement. While I can’t promise that joining our group will change your life, I’d like to think it will help your trading. Give it a spin! Nothing to lose and potentially much to gain.
Our group of aspiring traders are into active swing trading using technical analysis to find objective, high-probability, low-risk trades. Using these processes we’ve been fortunate to be winning; not perfect but winning. If that is appealing to you, join us! I’d like to think you’d benefit from the work. You’ll get premium content 6 times a week including a copy of my Daily Profit Compass, Weekend Profit Navigator,along with other actionable content delivered directly to your mailbox. You’ll even get an invite to our new trading room on SLACK.
Registration is simple and FREE Visit our homepage HERE