Tickers discussed: SPY QQQ IWM FB AAPL AMZN MSFT GOOGL FAAMG Strategy & Tactics
The Daily Profit Compass provides the stock market analysis for the day. Key levels and trading locations for the indexes are provided, along with trading plans and timely commentary to keep you on the right side of the trade.
Quote of the Day
Dr Brett wrote an article on why process is so important to trading. I don’t think I can add much to it. Find it HERE
- $JPM reports good quarter; counterbalanced with $WFC disaster as the report first loss since 2008 w/ divvy cut to 10c
- $SPOT gets double downgrade
- $GOOGL in advanced talks to invest $4B in Jio Platform
Walking off a Cliff
Yesterday was a great example of what happens in an over -extended market.Whether the catalyst was CA Covid rollback, shrinking FOMC balance sheet or rising VIX complex while market was ripping. All were clues. It is also why if you have been using “roll and protect” strategy you were likely not hurt that bad to those sitting on big embedded gains. If you did get stung. Take some notes and learn from it. As bad as yesterday was technically, this is NOT a pile in short moment. Way too early. THe big bearish engulfing candles need to be confirmed with follow up selling. THe last time we saw this the bulls gobbled the micro dip and negated the set up. Although I do favor more downside, holding fire for more evidence before going “gonzo”.
On another note, terrible price action on Gold and GDX. May be evidence of a crowded long but whatever the reason, junk action. Don’t stick around hoping on this. I’d exit and recalibrate for more productive price action. If price drops much below 1800, it too may have put in a fake breakout.
Quite pleased with the recent guidance. Not piling into extended longs and rolling up to protect positions where we had gains. Now we need to line up potential shorts if this progresses. I hope to begin feeding you set ups today.
Strategy and Tactics – Up to Bears now
- Let’s see if the bears have any firepower left.
- Dipsters have stepped in on micro dips. Lets see if they step in again.
- Honor your stops on longs if they get tripped. if this turns out to be a blip, you can always re-enter.
- Junk action in GOLD / GDX worrisome. Safe haven action was not seen yesterday but it should have been. Turning less bullish here.
- Watch volatility complex. VIX / VXN / RVX. From early yesterday i was calling out rising VIX in face of ripping market. same dynamic as Jun 8.
- Eye’s wide open though trying to keep open and flexible to new data and inputs.
- Expecting a hi-vol summer with Covid and political headlines whipsawing markets
- I realize its difficult, but don’t lock it on an idea or thesis. Stay open and flexible in your thinking. Let price be our guide. Stay mentally flexible here.
FAAMG Live Annotated Charts
Annotations updated today July 14
Click on the Links to view my annotated live charts
Index Chart Review
SPY 2 hour
SPY 30 min
QQQ 2 hour
QQQ 30 min
IWM 2 hour
As the host of Trader’s Profit Compass, I work hard to inspire, empower, and prepare aspiring traders to face the markets with fortitude, quiet confidence and inner calm. It’s a protein-rich, sugar free environment without ego or judgement. While I can’t promise that joining our group will change your life, I’d like to think it will help your trading. Give it a spin! Nothing to lose and potentially much to gain.
Our group of aspiring traders are into active swing trading using technical analysis to find objective, high-probability, low-risk trades. Using these processes we’ve been fortunate to be winning; not perfect but winning. If that is appealing to you, join us! I’d like to think you’d benefit from the work. You’ll get premium content 6 times a week including a copy of my Daily Profit Compass, Weekend Profit Navigator,along with other actionable content delivered directly to your mailbox. You’ll even get an invite to our new trading room on SLACK.
Registration is simple and FREE Visit our homepage HERE