Tickers discussed: SPY QQQ IWM FB AAPL AMZN GOOGL MSFT NFLX TSLA
The Daily Profit Compass provides stock market technical analysis for the stock market today and is focused on the indexes and FAAMGs. Key levels and trading locations are provided, along with trading plans and timely commentary to keep you on the right side of the trade.
Earning season kicks off in earnest this week.
Tuesday – Follow up on Big Banks with GS & BAC reporting with NFLX reporting after the bell which could and often is a sentiment gauge for mega cap tech.
Wednesday – PG should give a decent read on the consumer; FAST in the industrial space; UAL first airline to report; plus a slew of other regional financials
Thursday – INTC may provide color with new CEO in place; CSX first in rails and PPG industrials and yet more regional financials
Friday – SLB bell weather in oil services
The video is a detailed technical review of the indexes and FATMAAN names. All the key trading levels are identified along with commentary and trade plans for each ticker. Trade ideas are also discussed.
Run the video at 1.25x to reduce run time.
Find the Video HERE
- The inauguration of President-elect Biden is today
- Sources say Biden’s first day on the job will be busy with him undoing as many of Trump’s policies as possible via executive orders
- Market cheers Treasury nominee Yellen’s confirmation hearings
- Jack Ma, Alibaba and ANT Financial founder, spotted in China and he is alive.
- BABA has spiked in premarket trading
Big Cap Tech Wakes up
- for the first time in a long time, big cap tech showed some spark and pop.
- Led by FB and GOOGL both up over 3%
- After the bell, NFLX impressed with its earnings report and outlook. Catching many by surprise, CEO said the company is now in the position to no longer need to raise monies for operating expenses as the business goes cash flow neutral in 2021 and set to be cash flow positive in 2022. Shares were up 13% in premarket trading.
- Now its all about follow through. Does mega-cap tech regain a leadership position in the market or revert to the sogginess we’ve seen the past 4 months?
Focus on Netflix
The key for Netflix is for price to recapture and hold the $560 level which was the top side of the prior $90 trading range. If it can hold the breakout, the measured move technical target would be $650. Stay open to the possibility of a gap fill below. That gap is $60 wide and represents just as big an opportunity as does the long side. $560 truly is a binary spot for the stock.
Trades about to Happen
On a separate post this morning, I offered up 9 trade idea set ups for your consideration.
If you missed it, you can find the blog post HERE
In the companion video, I cover off the FATMAAN names using the daily timeframe. Some very interesting trade locations are on the horizon that will set up well for swing traders on the daily time frame.
A detailed walk-through of the levels and trading strategy for the indexes is given in the video ( link above) . The static charts are provided for reference. The FATMAAN names are also reviewed in the video
SPY 2 hour
SPY 30 min
QQQ 2 hour
QQQ 30 min
IWM 2 hr
IWM 30 min
Get inspired, empowered and prepared.
As the host of Trader’s Profit Compass, I work hard to inspire, empower, and prepare aspiring traders to face the markets with fortitude, quiet confidence and inner calm. It’s a protein-rich, sugar free environment without ego or judgement. While I can’t promise that joining our group will change your life, I’d like to think it will help your trading. Give it a spin! Nothing to lose and potentially much to gain.
Our group of aspiring traders are into active swing trading using technical analysis to find objective, high-probability, low-risk trades. Using these processes we’ve been fortunate to be winning; not perfect but winning. If that is appealing to you, join us! I’d like to think you’d benefit from the work. You’ll get premium content 6 times a week including a copy of my Daily Profit Compass, Weekend Profit Navigator, along with other actionable content delivered directly to your mailbox. You’ll even get an invite to our new trading room on SLACK.
Registration is simple and FREE Visit our homepage HERE