Tickers discussed: SPY QQQ IWM FB AAPL AMZN GOOGL MSFT NFLX TSLA TNX TLT $CRB KRE XLF
The Daily Profit Compass provides stock market technical analysis for the stock market today and is focused on the indexes and FAAMGs. Key levels and trading locations are provided, along with trading plans and timely commentary to keep you on the right side of the trade.
The video is a detailed technical review of the indexes and FATMAAN names along with a few chart set ups, open position review and cannabis names. . All the key trading levels are identified along with commentary and trade plans for each ticker.
Run the video at 1.25x to reduce run time.
Find the Video HERE
- Retail Sales / Industrial Production / Business Inventories / FOMC Barkin, Rosengren, Kaplan speak / FOMC Minutes 2pm
- Oil inventories delayed until tomorrow due to President’s Day.
The Beginnings of a Sinister Turn?
If you have been with me for any length of time, you know I am not big into predictions. I’d rather identify the key levels, then react to price accordingly. That said we’ve been discussing the set up for weeks n weeks. THis much we know…
- Bullish Sentiment is on the moon
- Bullish positioning in on the moon as well. Both pro money and retail are “all -in” long.
- Short interest is at record lows.
- February OPEX roll off has opened the possibility for added vol and price movement.
- “Reasonable Valuations” left the station a long time ago.
The market is ripe for a simple 3-5% pull back but as we’ve seen, the dipsters buy the first red bar they see. They dont even wait for the second bar and that strategy has been working. For that reason along we have to be hyper focused on the levels and not assume anything.
There have been zero sell signals on the daily charts but they are close and depending on how today plays out, we may see those triggers tripped at the end.
I think the right way to approach things are as follows:
- Do not assume the dipsters step in because once you assume they will and they disappear, you’re dead.
- Exit individual positions if / when your stop gets hit or at your discretion to lock in profits and / or to reduce your overall long exposure
- Add short exposure if / when the key levels are violated. THese will act as hedges on the the longs you choose to keep.
- If / when any pull back deepens we can go further towards net short, but we’ve got a long way to go before that point. Id expect the 50 ema to hold, but if it does not then that will be a more significant level telling us a deeper pull back is afoot.
SPY 30 min
QQQ 2 Hour
QQQ 30 min
IWM 2 hour
$IWM 30 Min
Get inspired, empowered and prepared.
As the host of Trader’s Profit Compass, I work hard to inspire, empower, and prepare aspiring traders to face the markets with fortitude, quiet confidence and inner calm. It’s a protein-rich, sugar free environment without ego or judgement. While I can’t promise that joining our group will change your life, I’d like to think it will help your trading. Give it a spin! Nothing to lose and potentially much to gain.
Our group of aspiring traders are into active swing trading using technical analysis to find objective, high-probability, low-risk trades. Using these processes we’ve been fortunate to be winning; not perfect but winning. If that is appealing to you, join us! I’d like to think you’d benefit from the work. You’ll get premium content 6 times a week including a copy of my Daily Profit Compass, Weekend Profit Navigator, along with other actionable content delivered directly to your mailbox. You’ll even get an invite to our new trading room on SLACK.
Registration is simple and FREE Visit our homepage HERE