Tickers discussed: SPY QQQ IWM FB AAPL AMZN GOOGL MSFT NFLX TSLA SMH CAT LPX PYPL NEWR AMD CRWD
Before the Bell is premarket prep for active traders. The note provides detailed stock market technical analysis focused on the indexes and FAAMGs. Key levels and trading locations are provided, along with trading plans and timely commentary to keep you on the right side of the trade.
No Earnings are scheduled for today.
The video is a detailed technical review of the indexes and FATMAAN names. All the key trading levels are identified along with commentary and trade plans for each ticker. Trade ideas are also discussed. Run the video at 1.25x to reduce run time.
Find the Video HERE
Consensus Calls Pummeled
The Post-FOMC fallout and volatility hit markets yesterday in a big way as previously consensus calls were destroyed.
- Short $USD >>> THe $USD has put in 2 power candles post FED
- Short Bonds / TLT ( rising Rates ) >>>>> Rates popped after the FOMC but yesterday they faded 90% of the move and rates overall have been falling since the 1.75% peak 6 weeks ago
- Trades that have been wrong Post FOMC
- Long Oil & Commodities
- Long Reflation Trade / Inflation Trades
- Long Industrials, Financials, & Cyclicals
- Long Precious Metals
- Short Bubble Stocks
- Underperform Tech / FATMAAN
The trick now is to determine if these post – FOMC moves will turn into durable trends or ultimately be proven to be convincing head fakes.
Re-Posting – Thoughts on Trading the Meme Names
I’m not one to tell you not to gamble, but a few thoughts if you decide to jump in.
- Treat all trades like lottery tickets. Expect to lose it all. Dont use monies that if lost, will put your trading account or worse at risk.
- Watch overnight Risk. One in the hand is better than 2 in the bush. Don’t underestimate how deep or severe an overnight rug pull can be. Consider taking wins when you can.
- Market Makers are paid to Win. These guys are no dummies, They’ve jacked option IV to the moon making options incredibly expensive and thus harder to win. Make sure you know your risk / reward profile before to dive in. For instance, I priced some $25 strike PUTs in AMC a couple of months out. They were $25. So if AMC went to zero, I would get my money back. Not the kind of trade that makes sense.
- NEVER SELL NAKED CALLS or PUTS. While it may be super tempting to sell vol premium at the jacked levels, selling naked options exposes you to UNLIMITED RISK. If you sell anything, it must be a spread to limit / define your risk.
$IWM 30 Min
Get inspired, empowered and prepared.
As the host of Trader’s Profit Compass, I work hard to inspire, empower, and prepare aspiring traders to face the markets with fortitude, quiet confidence and inner calm. It’s a protein-rich, sugar free environment without ego or judgement. While I can’t promise that joining our group will change your life, I’d like to think it will help your trading. Give it a spin! Nothing to lose and potentially much to gain.
Our group of aspiring traders are into active swing trading using technical analysis to find objective, high-probability, low-risk trades. Using these processes we’ve been fortunate to be winning; not perfect but winning. If that is appealing to you, join us! I’d like to think you’d benefit from the work. You’ll get premium content 6 times a week including a copy of my Daily Profit Compass, Weekend Profit Navigator, along with other actionable content delivered directly to your mailbox. You’ll even get an invite to our new trading room on SLACK.
Registration is simple and FREE Visit our homepage HERE