Tickers discussed: SPY QQQ IWM FB AAPL TSLA MSFT AMZN NFLX SMH AMD TXN
Before the Bell is premarket prep for active traders. The note provides detailed stock market technical analysis focused on the indexes and FAAMGs. Key levels and trading locations are provided, along with trading plans and timely commentary to keep you on the right side of the trade.
Massive week ahead with everything on the line for QQQ and SPY as all of mega-cap Tech reports. If the earnings reaction is positive, we go higher. If they dump these names we go lower. It’s just math………..the FATMAAN names are 40% of QQQ and 25 % of SPY
The video is a detailed technical review of the indexes and FATMAAN names. All the key trading levels are identified along with commentary and trade plans for each ticker. Trade ideas are also discussed. Run the video at 1.25x to reduce run time.
Find the Video HERE
Macro Data Releases Week of July 26
- Monday – New Home Sales; Dallas FED, 3mo, 6mo and 2yr bond auctions; China / US Trade talks off to a rocky start
- Tuesday – Durable Goods, Case-Shiller, Consumer Confidence, Richmond Fed, FOMC meeting starts, 5yr auction
- Wednesday – International Trade Numbers, Retail / Wholesale inventories, Oil inventory; FOMC Announcement 2pm, JPOW presser 2.30pm
- Thursday – GDP, Jobless Claims, Pending Home sales, EIA NatGas Inventories, 7 yr Bond Auction
- Friday – Employment Cost Index, Personal Income, FOMC Bullard at 9am, Chicago PMI 9.30am, Consumer Sentiment 10am
Lots of moving pieces this week. I will be leaning bullish until Tuesday night, but then tactically defensive heading into FATMAAN earnings and FOMC statement.
Key Market Thoughts
- Falling Rates are still in control; Use the TLT uptrend line as a pivot level
- This environment favors tech with FATMAAN leading the way
- This week carries a ton of risk in both directions. JPOW + All of FATMAAN reporting could result in either a moonshot or a rug pull of epic proportions
- Further weakness in China Tech may spur additional money flows into FATMAAN and be a stabilizing force.
Fade Global Covid Variant Fears
Charts from Cam Hui and Callum Thomas showing high-frequency economic data show the Covid Variant has not yet changed behavior. THe economic re-opening is in tact and unless / until we see the numbers roll over, the media-driven doom loop on the Covid Variant seems like more hype than reality.
Apple Mobility tracking data shows positive trend and no “Delta Rollover”
TSA Travel numbers closing on 2019 numbers and have not rolled over
Movie going trends are headed in the right direction
Similar charts could be shown for Hotel occupancy, Gasoline demand, and restaurant reservations. America is on the move. Could this all change in 2 weeks ? Sure. But for now, there isnt much evidence that Covid Variant fears are changing people’s behavior.
Use TLT as a confirmation Trigger for cyclical / re-opening entry
If TLT loses its uptrend line, its 200ema, and certainly its 50ema in green, it will be a sell signal in TLT and a confirming sign rates are rising. A rising rate environment is bullish for cyclicals. Have this trigger alarmed before the FOMC Wednesday. I would not enter the trade until AFTER JPOW delivers his message and the FOMC knee-jerk reaction settles out.
If / when the TLT triggers above, these are the areas I would look for alpha as rotation to cyclicals takes place.
Rising Rate Environment Areas of Interest.
- Cyclically focuses ETF’s to watch.: XLB, XLE, XLF, XLI, KRE, IWM
- Set alarms on the above EFTs for further confirmation of the move.
- Traders can then drill down in specific sectors for invididual names if desired
- Materials. Commodity and Specialty Chemicals
- Metals and Mining. Copper, Aluminum, Steel, XME
- Industrials. HON / MMM / GE Infrastructure names
- JETS / Airlines, Delivery services , marine transport, etc
- KRE; Regional Banks…………more highly levered to rates than mega banks
- Travels, Hotels, Cruise Lines re-opening names.
July 26: TSLA July 27: AAPL / GOOGL / MSFT July 28: FB July 29 AMZN All earnings after the bell
IWM 30 min
Get inspired, empowered and prepared.
As the host of Trader’s Profit Compass, I work hard to inspire, empower, and prepare aspiring traders to face the markets with fortitude, quiet confidence and inner calm. It’s a protein-rich, sugar free environment without ego or judgement. While I can’t promise that joining our group will change your life, I’d like to think it will help your trading. Give it a spin! Nothing to lose and potentially much to gain.
Our group of aspiring traders are into active swing trading using technical analysis to find objective, high-probability, low-risk trades. Using these processes we’ve been fortunate to be winning; not perfect but winning. If that is appealing to you, join us! I’d like to think you’d benefit from the work. You’ll get premium content 6 times a week including a copy of my Daily Profit Compass, Weekend Profit Navigator, along with other actionable content delivered directly to your mailbox. You’ll even get an invite to our new trading room on SLACK.
Registration is simple and FREE Visit our homepage HERE