Tickers discussed: SPY QQQ IWM FB AAPL AMZN GOOGL MSFT NFLX TSLA SMH
Before the Bell is premarket prep for active traders. The note provides detailed stock market technical analysis focused on the indexes and FAAMGs. Key levels and trading locations are provided, along with trading plans and timely commentary to keep you on the right side of the trade.
The video is a detailed technical review of the indexes and FATMAAN names. All the key trading levels are identified along with commentary and trade plans for each ticker. Trade ideas are also discussed. Run the video at 1.25x to reduce run time.
Find the Video HERE
Macro Data Releases Week of July 12
- Monday – Light….Couple of FOMC speakers
- Tuesday – NFIB Sm. Biz Optimism; CPI ; Redbook; 30yr bond auction
- Wednesday – PPI final; Atlanta Fed Inflation expectations; Oil inventory; Jerome Powell Capitol Hill Noon
- Thursday – Jobless Claims, Philly Fed MFG; Empire State MFG; Import/ Export numbers; Industrial Production; EIA Natural Gas Inventories, Jerome Powell Capitol Hill 9.30am; EIA Crude Inventories, Consumer Credit
- Friday – Retail Sales; Business Inventories; Consumer Sentiment
Big Banks $GS and $JPM kick off the reporting season this morning before the bell. No banking expert here but I am not sure these institutions are much of a gauge of what is going on with the economy anymore. Loan to cash ratio is at some of the lowest levels ever seen. The economy is not going to these institutions for loans to grow their businesses. THe banks have so much cash, they are giving it back to the FED at night to the tune of nearly a trillion dollars. Sure M&A will be robust as liquidity, at nearly zero rates, fuel transaction volume. Capital markets should be good as trading / markets remain healthy. Also we’ll probably see loan loss reserves come off as the monies set aside in 2020 for bad loans are no longer needed. We may also hear added details on divvy increases / buy back programs but I think most of that was announced after the stress tests. Bottom line…I expect good results. THat said I am more interested in how the group trades after the numbers are out.
July 20: NFLX / TSLA July 27: GOOGL / MSFT July 28: FB / AMZN / AAPL
A Simple Bull Market / Bull Stock Checklist
Being a fear-monger is popular. Bearish tweets and doomsters are more widely followed than a tweet saying “stay long”. Use this simple checklist to tell if the market or a particular stock you follow is in bull mode. THe list is not intended to be the end-all checklist, but if you find yourself saying yes to most of the questions, you can certainly come out from under your desk and delay subscribing to “Doomsday Prepper” magazine.
- Is Price at an All-time high? All time highs are bullish, not bearish
- Is price above the 8ema and 20ema? Price above the fast moving averages is as bullish as it gets
- Are the ema’s bullishly stacked? if from top to bottom the 8 is above the 20, 20 above the 50 and 50 above the 200 tells you the trend is higher and in bull mode.
- Is the slope of the moving averages positive? If the moving averages are tilted positive and rising; its bullish
- Have any trend lines been violated? Draw a trendline connecting the lows of the recent trend. As long as price stays above, its bullish. If a trendline is broken, pay closer attention.
- Are the indicators operating in their bullish regimes? If RSI is above 50 and PPO momentum is above the zero line, the indicators are bullish..
Use these simple questions to ally any fears you have about the market or favorite stock but confirming it’s bull market status.
$IWM 30 Min
Get inspired, empowered and prepared.
As the host of Trader’s Profit Compass, I work hard to inspire, empower, and prepare aspiring traders to face the markets with fortitude, quiet confidence and inner calm. It’s a protein-rich, sugar free environment without ego or judgement. While I can’t promise that joining our group will change your life, I’d like to think it will help your trading. Give it a spin! Nothing to lose and potentially much to gain.
Our group of aspiring traders are into active swing trading using technical analysis to find objective, high-probability, low-risk trades. Using these processes we’ve been fortunate to be winning; not perfect but winning. If that is appealing to you, join us! I’d like to think you’d benefit from the work. You’ll get premium content 6 times a week including a copy of my Daily Profit Compass, Weekend Profit Navigator, along with other actionable content delivered directly to your mailbox. You’ll even get an invite to our new trading room on SLACK.
Registration is simple and FREE Visit our homepage HERE