Tickers discussed: SPY QQQ IWM FB AAPL AMZN GOOGL MSFT NFLX TSLA SMH $TNX TLT USO $NYA50R
Before the Bell is premarket prep for active traders. The note provides detailed stock market technical analysis focused on the indexes and FAAMGs. Key levels and trading locations are provided, along with trading plans and timely commentary to keep you on the right side of the trade.
The video is a detailed technical review of the indexes and FATMAAN names. All the key trading levels are identified along with commentary and trade plans for each ticker. Trade ideas are also discussed. Run the video at 1.25x to reduce run time.
Find the Video HERE
Macro Data Releases Week of July 12
- Monday – Light….Couple of FOMC speakers
- Tuesday – NFIB Sm. Biz Optimism; CPI ; Redbook; 30yr bond auction
- Wednesday – PPI final; Atlanta Fed Inflation expectations; Oil inventory; Jerome Powell Capitol Hill Noon
- Thursday – Jobless Claims, Philly Fed MFG; Empire State MFG; Import/ Export numbers; Industrial Production; EIA Natural Gas Inventories, Jerome Powell Capitol Hill 9.30am; EIA Crude Inventories, Consumer Credit
- Friday – Retail Sales; Business Inventories; Consumer Sentiment
Earnings Season Kickoff
Big Banks begin reporting tomorrow with Goldman before the bell. Two weeks ago we discussed the bullish nature of the earnings season lead in plus the bullish seasonals of the first 2 weeks of July. So far so good. Last week resolved bullish. We have one more week and I want to lean bullish this week. After that we’ve got the lead in to earnings with FATMAAN complex. I want to generally be bullish the group into earnings, but be out prior to earnings.
July 20: NFLX / TSLA
July 27: GOOGL / MSFT
July 28: FB / AMZN / AAPL
The market is being held together by FATMAAN which represents 25% of the market. THe chart below shows breadth particularly weak as only 40% of stocks are above their 50ema’s. A rebound in this metric would show broader participation and a healthier backdrop for equities.
A detailed walk-through of the levels and trading strategy for the indexes is given in the video ( link above) . The static charts are provided for reference. The FATMAAN names are also reviewed in the video along with trade ideas and other charts of interest.
Managing the Tape
- Keep level-headed and your wits about you.
- If you feel flustered, step away and compose yourself.
- Manage level to level. We are in a bull market. In order for the market to go down a lot, it has to go down a little. We will know when to be cautious or even bearish based on the levels.
- If you are unsure of things, there is no shame in going flat and waiting for things to stabilize.
- The most important thing is to RESPECT YOUR STOPS. Accept the papercut and avoid more pain. Live to trade another day.
SPY 2 hour
$IWM 30 Min
Get inspired, empowered and prepared.
As the host of Trader’s Profit Compass, I work hard to inspire, empower, and prepare aspiring traders to face the markets with fortitude, quiet confidence and inner calm. It’s a protein-rich, sugar free environment without ego or judgement. While I can’t promise that joining our group will change your life, I’d like to think it will help your trading. Give it a spin! Nothing to lose and potentially much to gain.
Our group of aspiring traders are into active swing trading using technical analysis to find objective, high-probability, low-risk trades. Using these processes we’ve been fortunate to be winning; not perfect but winning. If that is appealing to you, join us! I’d like to think you’d benefit from the work. You’ll get premium content 6 times a week including a copy of my Daily Profit Compass, Weekend Profit Navigator, along with other actionable content delivered directly to your mailbox. You’ll even get an invite to our new trading room on SLACK.
Registration is simple and FREE Visit our homepage HERE