Tickers discussed: SPY QQQ IWM FB AAPL TSLA MSFT AMZN GOOGL NFLX SMH GM AMD PAYC
Before the Bell is premarket prep for active traders. The note provides detailed stock market technical analysis focused on the indexes and FAAMGs. Key levels and trading locations are provided, along with trading plans and timely commentary to keep you on the right side of the trade.
The video is a detailed technical review of the indexes and FATMAAN names. All the key trading levels are identified along with commentary and trade plans for each ticker. Trade ideas are also discussed. Run the video at 1.25x to reduce run time.
Find the Video HERE
Macro Data Releases Week of Aug 2
- Monday – Final MFG PMI, ISM MFG index, Construction Spending
- Tuesday – Redbook, Factory Orders
- Wednesday – ADP, PMI composite final, FOMC Clarida @ 10am, ISM Services, Oil inventories at 10.30
- Thursday – International Trade, Jobless Claims, NatGas inventories
- Friday – July Jobs Number
Bond Rate Volatility.
Bond rates reacted violently to both the huge ADP Jobs miss and the ISM Services print which was the highest EVER. These moves are alternately ripping or dwarfing asset classes like Gold, cyclicals and rate sensitive assets. I am waiting patiently for a potential sector rotation into cyclicals but not jumping the gun to hopefully avoid the many head fakes that have been going on.
Rising Rate Environment Areas of Interest.
- Falling Dollar is supportive of Commodities and cyclicals in general.
- Rising Rates ( $TNX ) and / or a break of TLT $148
- Cyclically focuses ETF’s to watch.: XLB, XLE, XLF, XLI, KRE, IWM
- Set alarms on the above EFTs for further confirmation of the move.
- Traders can then drill down in specific sectors for invididual names if desired
- Materials. Commodity and Specialty Chemicals
- Metals and Mining. Copper, Aluminum, Steel, XME
- Industrials. HON / MMM / GE Infrastructure names
- JETS / Airlines, Delivery services , marine transport, etc
- KRE; Regional Banks…………more highly levered to rates than mega banks
- Travels, Hotels, Cruise Lines re-opening names.
Chart Set Ups
Price is set up for a big test of the 200ema. Super important level for both bulls and bears. Notice the huge void in the volume / price profile below the 200ema. Price could easily fall $10 on a break below the 200ema at 51.75. Set an alarm there. Logical place for bulls to step in and therefore if you want to be long, you can objectively do so with a stop just below the 200ema.
$PAYC Paycom – Bracket Trades
A nice Bracket set up. Alarm 445.39 and 427.91. Then follow price either higher or lower out of the range. As you can see from the chart, there is about $30 both above and below the bracket for a potential move.
The list of additional tickers in the chart annotations are stocks that are gapping down significantly this morning. Active traders can watch / trade them while others can set up the brackets tomorrow for 2nd day plays.
A detailed walk-through of the levels and trading strategy for the indexes is given in the video ( link above) . The static charts are provided for reference. The FATMAAN names are also reviewed in the video along with trade ideas and other charts of interest.
SPY 2 Hour
IWM 30 min
Get inspired, empowered and prepared.
As the host of Trader’s Profit Compass, I work hard to inspire, empower, and prepare aspiring traders to face the markets with fortitude, quiet confidence and inner calm. It’s a protein-rich, sugar free environment without ego or judgement. While I can’t promise that joining our group will change your life, I’d like to think it will help your trading. Give it a spin! Nothing to lose and potentially much to gain.
Our group of aspiring traders are into active swing trading using technical analysis to find objective, high-probability, low-risk trades. Using these processes we’ve been fortunate to be winning; not perfect but winning. If that is appealing to you, join us! I’d like to think you’d benefit from the work. You’ll get premium content 6 times a week including a copy of my Daily Profit Compass, Weekend Profit Navigator, along with other actionable content delivered directly to your mailbox. You’ll even get an invite to our new trading room on SLACK.
Registration is simple and FREE Visit our homepage HERE